If you are a musician you have always wanted to take your instruments while traveling, the problem comes when you have several of them that are too big and fragile to take and then it is better to leave them at home. INTRUMENT 1 from Artiphon wants to solve that issue and also give the possibility to people who don’t know how to play any instrument to learn, have fun and make music at the same time.
There is no doubt why their Kickstarter campaign numbers are impressive, the device itself is amazing. They asked for $75,000 but with 39 days to go INSTRUMENT 1 has 423 backers and raised more than $152,000.
- Play any instrument, style, and sound with a single device that connects directly to your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Their multi-instrument technology transforms the INSTRUMENT 1 into a guitar, violin, bass, piano, drums, ukulele, it’s any instrument you want it to be.
- Plug in and play 100’s of apps like GarageBand with universal musical gestures: strumming, tapping, bowing, sliding, and more.
- Digital string-like interface works with any MIDI-compatible software.
- It’s unique design allows you to hold it in multiple positions.
- Design new instruments and custom tunings via the Artiphon companion app.
- Last but not least it has built-in speakers, it is loud enough to play and use with friends.
As mentioned in the specs, it comes with an app. The team is building a companion app to let you customize the INSTRUMENT 1. You have unlimited possibilities from strumming a piano, to bow a banjo and add different instruments to each string. You can easily create new instrument presets and play them immediately.
The instrument was designed and engineered in Nashville, TN. For $299 or more, it comes in 2 basic colors: White or Black. If you are really into the product you can pledge $899 and you’ll receive the special Nashville Edition that comes with a white top on a fine hardwood back, upgraded speakers.
Take a look on how it works and sounds from their fundraising campaign video: